Our client, a sheet metal fabricator located in Blairsville, PA is seeking a CNC Machinist for our 1st shift (7am-3pm).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates must have the following experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years Manual and CNC Machining experience, HAAS vertical mill strongly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Machine Shop/Department leadership
- Must have programming experience, Mastercam, etc.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, at minimum
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in use of typical machine shop inspection methods – micrometers, Vernier’s, functional gaging, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other shop documents (Must successfully pass a written assessment prior to offer)
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. safely
- Familiarity with machining characteristics of aluminum, stainless steel and steel
- Must have good housekeeping skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and follow company and ISO9001 procedures
- Champion progressive change, set up reduction, continuous improvement
- Recommend changes to Engineering Setup and Run Labor Standards where appropriate
- Rate will be based on experience.
- The interview process will include blueprint and machining written assessments, as well as a hands on machining assessment.